What is a “Statement Piece” and why is this term so popular? This phrase is heard everywhere, but what does it really mean? A ton of people in the fashion world talk about their statement pieces, and I am here to help tell you what exactly they are talking about. It’s not only a piece of jewelry, which is what most people think.
Let’s start with the question, what is a statement piece? A statement piece is usually an eye-catching piece of your outfit that makes a statement or draws peoples’ eyes towards you. A lot of people think it has to be a huge, bright piece of jewelry. That’s definitely not the case. It just has to be bold and unique. I know when I think of a statement piece, I think of a necklace, but it can be anything you wear! For example, the dress I am wearing in the picture above is one of my statement pieces! I bought mine from Indigo Closet Boutique, but you can find it in stock at Vici Dolls. If you take a look at my last blog post, you will see the OTK boots I talk about from Goodnight Macaroon are a great piece for any simple Fall/Winter outfit!
Some people choose to wear their pieces every day and some choose to wear them on an ‘event only’ occasion. This all just depends on your personality. Make sure whatever you choose as a statement piece is a good fit for your personality and makes YOU feel good. Whether you want it to or not, your confidence while wearing the piece will let others know how you really feel about it.
Tips and Tricks For Statement Pieces
- 1. It does not necessarily need to be a huge piece.
- 2. If all of your jewelry is silver, try going for a piece that is gold or rose gold. This way it will stand out even more. Mixing metals is highly popular these days.
- 3. Just ONE piece at a time. You don’t want to be too overwhelming.
- 4. keep your makeup simple
- 5. Statement accessories are great with simple clothing. For example, don’t put on a huge, gaudy necklace with a bright floral top. They’ll get all jumbled together. Choose which piece will be making the impact that day.
You can read my previous blog post by clicking here!